Weekly Drops of Wisdom | doTERRA Essential Oil Uses
Do you ever get in a routine of how you use your essential oils? I find myself opting to diffuse more often because it is one of the simplest methods of use. I want to chat with you all briefly about the different ways that you can use essential oils. This week we will be highlighting the application methods for essential oil use.
Due to continual research being done on essential oils, more application methods are being developed. The three methods dōTERRA recommends for using essential oils is aromatically, topically, and internally. Essential oils have a powerful effect on the limbic system when used aromatically. Topical application is commonly used on specific target areas for quick absorption. When used internally, essential oils enter the bloodstream and are distributed throughout the body.
Get Started With Essential Oils
As you get started with essential oils keep these things in mind:
- Determine the uses and benefits of the oil you intend to apply.
- Follow any label and packaging instructions.
- If you have specific concerns, consult with a healthcare professional first.
How to Apply Essential Oils
There are three ways to use essential oils:
1. Through smell. We call this “aromatic” use of essential oils. This includes any application method that helps you experience the aroma of the oil. You can use essential oils aromatically by:
- Diffusing in an essential oil diffuser
- Applying a drop to your hands and inhaling
- Wearing as a personal fragrance
2. On your skin. “Topical” application of essential oils allows the oil to absorb into the skin. Some ways to use essential oils on your skin are:
- Apply to targeted areas and rub in
- Add to lotions or moisturizers
3. Ingesting, or “internal” use of essential oils allows the oil to be transported throughout your body. Make sure the essential oil is safe for internal use first, and then try one of these methods:
Learn more about the details of essential oil application here.
If you want to learn more about doTERRA Essential Oils or would like to Become a Member, please visit: www.EssentiallyChefBeee.com